BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[NJ] IBOA Charter Service?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q101 EAST MIDTOWN 2 AV

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: [NJ] IBOA Charter Service? Reply with quote

Years ago, the IBOAs of New Jersey used to provide charter service. My question is, do they still do it today?
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: IBOAs and Charter Service Reply with quote

if the IBOAs are privately owned, to my knowledge, there is no restrictions on their charter rights within the state of New Jersey. If they have 48 state authority, they can run charters anywhere in the continental US as long as they have the right type of equipment to do the job. Publicly owned operators have their charter rights severely restricted when there are private operators in the area. In that case charter rights are confined to a carrier's primary service area only. Wish I could be more help on this. This the way I understand it. If I am wrong, I stand corrected.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't most of the IBOA buses now provided by New Jersey Transit? If so, there may be restrictions placed on the use of those vehicles by NJT.
KCRam3500

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The equipment issue will only restrict available hours. Buses owned by NJ Transit and operated by private carriers can not be chartered during rush hours because their purchase is funded by USDOT.

This is why many of them like school field trip work... they can run a bus in line service during AM rush, let a school have it for a day trip, then run the bus for PM rush in line service again. The bus is earning extra money being chartered instead of parked during the midday, drivers get extra work, and the company stays busy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: