BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 Roadeo Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: 2007 Roadeo Questions Reply with quote

I recall that in 2005, the NYCT Roadeo was June 11-12 at Floyd Bennett Field. In 2006 the NYCT Roadeo probably was around the same timeframe, also at FB Field (and I remember that it was very wet that weekend, too). The '06 MTAB Roadeo was at Belmont Park in late July.
When are the dates for the NYCT and MTAB Roadeos usually announced?
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the NYCT Roadeo is either the third or fourth weekend in June. I will post a date when I hear, if nobody beats me to it.
Q65A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question, I have never gone to a Roadeo but are average citizens/buffs like me allowed to go?
David of Broadway

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no trouble getting into the NYCT Roadeos as a civilian in 2004 and 2006. I even went for a ride through the course last year.

(In 2005, the Transit Museum offered tickets to members, so I didn't have to "sneak" in.)

I don't know about MTA Bus, since IINM the MTA Bus Roadeo is only on a Saturday.
Q65A

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had attended the NYCT Roadeos in 2005 & 2006, and the inaugural MTAB Roadeo in 2006. I enjoyed all 3 events very much.
As David has mentioned the 2005 event also was an NYTM trip, and that's how I attended; the $15 TM ticket entitled me to enjoy the buffet lunch and to get a roadeo shirt/hat (items to which I was not entitled at both 2006 events). In my opinion, all 3 roadeos were very much "family" celebrations: lots of people of all ages looking at, boarding, and photographing buses (new buses plus vintage ones). The actual driving skills competition is very impressive, and fun to watch. Some of these B/O's probably could make an RTS fetch them their morning paper and coffee if they wanted to, they're that good!
There were some free "paper" souvenirs available for the taking at the '05 Roadeo (Insider's Guides, Vintage Bus Guides, repro 1939-40 FACCO Map, DOB notepads, etc.) which I did not see at the '06 events; perhaps the '05 one was special due to the Bus Centennial celebrated that year. I highly recommend the experience.
ChrisM

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Roadeo Season is upon us Reply with quote

MTA LIB May 20th - Jones Beach

MTA NYCT June 23/24 Floyd Bennett Field

MTA Bus Co. July 14th Belmont Raceway
Q65A

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info, Chris!
TCC Senior Man

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2007 International Bus Roadeo was held 9 days ago in Nashville, Tennessee. The MTA Sent 4 representatives to this years event. For the complete scores in the 40 foot bus competition, click here------> http://www.apta.com/conferences_calendar/bus/documents/operator_40_foot.pdf
Q65A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are any BT3 members planning to compete in this Saturday's MTAB Roadeo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: