BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Giant Insects" vs "Shoe Boxes"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver/All:

Another fascinating aspect of the bus hobby is that it can be, and is, quite diverse.

Some of us are interested in all buses; others only are interested in the vintage models.

Others in the hobby are very much into the latest models; then, too, there are those of us who really getting into the "nuts-and-bolts" aspect of the bus hobby, reveling in model designations, vehicle widths, and so forth.

Like railroading, the bus/transit hobby is one that is at once diverse and intriguing....not to mention a whole busload of FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It is up to us to try to keep the hobby going, as best we can, for as long as we can.

This is a rich, diverse hobby with so much to offer to all age groups.......Wink

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, NYO--my sentiments, exactly.
It is not only public transportation, either...I am also into 'cars' as in automobiles. Go to your typical owner's club, and it too, seems to be an "old man's club". Younger people in general (again there are exception's), just don't seem that into cars. Many 'Millennial's' don't even have a driver's license..

I'll never forget how much I wanted mine...I made sure I had it on my sixteenth birthday! Cool Smile
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver wrote:
Well said, NYO--my sentiments, exactly.
It is not only public transportation, either...I am also into 'cars' as in automobiles. Go to your typical owner's club, and it too, seems to be an "old man's club". Younger people in general (again there are exception's), just don't seem that into cars. Many 'Millennial's' don't even have a driver's license..

I'll never forget how much I wanted mine...I made sure I had it on my sixteenth birthday! Cool Smile

traildriver:

Thanks! Wink

I also love classic autos and trucks, not to mention harbor craft (especially ferries and tugs!) ships and boats of all sorts, vintage commercial and military aircraft.

Ditto for the classic airships like the Hindenburg and Graf Zepplin.

Getting back to buses, most non-enthusiasts would think that "most buses are all alike"....WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked

As an example: look at Fishbowls/New Looks; if one really delves into their long and illustrious history, the non-enthusiast would be astounded to learn of all the subtle (and some not too subtle) changes to the "basic" Fishbowl since its introduction in 1959 (Recall the classic and timeless VW "Beetle"!)

I truly feel that the "behind the scenes" aspect of our hobby is ALWAYS quite interesting, and WELL worth researching! Very Happy

Look at the lastest PROTERRA developments; I have seen many photos of these unique vehicles, including one in SEPTA livery.

Here, I feel, is a new era dawning for the bus enthusiast; and, hopefully, it just might be "hi tech" enough to get the younger guys away from their electronic gizmos and doo-dads for a while...... Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......just imagine what the legendary SCENICRUISER might look like today, if it were still in production......(!!) Shocked

Then again, perhaps some things are better left to one's own fertile imagination........ Wink

"NYO"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: