BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'QUICK CHANGE'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: 'QUICK CHANGE' Reply with quote

I highly recommend watching ''Quick Change' (only when there's absolutely nothing else worth seeing on cable) - a 1990 Warner Brothers escape (not a release) starring Bill Murray, Geena Davis and Randy Quade whose wild escapades in attempting to flee from a Manhattan bank robbery finally earn them freedom and a flight to the Carribean with their $1,000,000 haul.

A short story line;

"When a man (Bill Murray) dressed as a clown enters a bank and tries to rob it, no one takes him seriously at the start. But as the New Yorker pulls this daring robbery with the help of his friends (Geena Davis and Randy Quaid), it looks like leaving the bank with all the loot will be a cake walk! All they have to do now is make it out of the city and to the airport. They have plenty of time, but its not that easy as they seem to overcome a series of comical dilemmas. Will they make it before the cops catch up with them?". Written by Sami Al-Taher

Anyway, in one chaotic scene the trio abandons their trashed car and board a bus heading to about walking distance from JFK where, with the cops hot on their tail, they manage to hop a train of luggage carts for their final lap to the terminal (all right under the cops noses).

The bus a 1970's Flxible New Look pictured below and carrying erroneous fleet #7098 in New York livery (and nothing like the city's real 35 and 40 foot Flx's) has a heading of Q9 via Jamaica to Rockaway (another fiction because the Q9, an old Green Line route, never went to Rockaway).

Bill Murray and Randy Quaid have always been favorites of mine but they should have stayed home instead of making this dud!

Photo courtesy of IMCDb.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

Tiny Tim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that its a ex New Jersey Flxible. There was a RTS also in the start of the movie.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a classic movie by any means, but the scenes on the fake NYCT Flxible are great ... especially Philip Bosco's bus driver who refuse to bend the rules one iota!

From the Internet Movie Database page:

Quote:
Grimm: When you say "near" the airport...

Bus Driver: .48 miles.

Grimm: Alright. When do we get there?

Bus Driver: 22:30 hours.

Grimm: When is that? In human time.

Bus Driver: 10:30.

Grimm: 10:30. Say you had to walk it...

Bus Driver: With that injured individual?

Grimm: Yes.

Bus Driver: I can't give you a precise figure on that.

Grimm: Come on! Make a guess.

Bus Driver: 21 minutes.

Jim D.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Re; Quick Change;

Did you notice that when they got off the bus, the wide shot that followed showed a full size Flxible pulling away?

BTW; the roll sign should have read; Q9 LINCOLN ST. (white letters/black background passenger side) and ROCKAWAY BLVD. (white letters/red background driver's side).

Also BTW; the film was shot on location in New York and Orlando so the street scene might be the real thing.

Another BTW; we had a couple of drivers at Green Line (NY) that were just like Bosco's character.

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
B53RICH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That scene of "Quick Change" took place in Richmond Hill, Queens at Jamaica Avenue and 124 Street, several blocks from where I once lived.
I was driving along Jamaica Avenue one day and noticed a few bus stop signs carrying the designation Q9. I concluded it must have been another NYCDOT mistake until I viewed the movie then put 2 and 2 together.
The real Flxible newlook 7098 spent some time at the Fresh Pond Depot and traveled along the B53 route, my forum handle. Don't recall if it was ever assigned to the ENY depot where it could have actually travelled along Jamaica Avenue under the B56 route.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Buses in Pop Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: