BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'SAN DIEGO TRANSIT LINES # 517'
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F.B.,

Don't feel bad about being wrong - that's why we have these discussion boards - to help each other find the right answers! (I've been wrong many times myself - it's a learning experience).

I don't know too much about photography except to say that when I try to magnify some photos to be able to read letters, the magnification only makes it worse.

Conversely, there are those pictures that can be enlarged and the legends come up as clear as a bell.

Here's where I may be wrong but I think it has to do with pixels (whatever they are) and the greater the number of pixels the clearer the picture becomes.

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F.B. - Mr 'L' -

Concur with thinking about image handling these days. I feel like a stranger in a strange land about much of it.
I do know: Try to trap anything in "JPG" style. Whole photo albums may be carried on a "USB thumb drive"..

F.B., I don't recall ever seeing equipment of the Oak Lawn, IL operator. I was in Chicago for a year, and lived
"west" in Villa Park. My work at 71 & Cicero. That was a daily commute in a four wheeler, of course...

.....................Vern...........................
Brandon314159

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. L

I just noticed your comment about the additional steel added to the body to increase strength around the aft door/emergency exit. I was very curious why my 1955 4512 had STEEL in the body when I thought it was mostly aluminium. Good piece of trivia to finally lay to rest!

Any other major structural issues I should be checking for?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: