BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'CATEGORY - FUNNY BUSES'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: 'CATEGORY - FUNNY BUSES' Reply with quote

Here's the latest thing in School buses in San Francisco;

I have to imagine that it's designed so that in the event of a turnover in an earthquake it will land upside down and be ready to complete its appointed rounds!

Actually, I'm only joking but I thought it amusing enough to post, and it sure must be something that the kids get a kick out of!

Image courtesy of NorCal Bus Fans.

Mr. 'L'

HwyHaulier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M "L' -

San Francisco? Bizarre displays expected from various protest and advocacy groups? What else is new! <G>

One may wonder what the forward "pie chart" display stated. The legend along the side apparently reads: THE U S BUDGET IS TOPSY TURVY

..............Vern...........
Rick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one of those in Newtown CT about a month ago. Really catches the eye.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is slightly off topic so I apologize in advance, since its about a car and not a bus.

In the mid 1980's there was a (now-defuct) car undercoating franchise known as Ziebart (sp?). One of the local franchises took two Olds Toranadoes, cut off the backs and welded the two fronts back to back. The transmission was converted so the either side could drive it. I was following it one day on the Long Island Expressway. Looked like a car going 60 miles per hour in reverse.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL very funny post. Ok talking about the Toronado going in reverse at 60 mph just kind of reminds me and I really don't know why about

Now who remembers Clark Griswalds' "The Truckster" !!! LOLOL!!
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ajga.org/newsletter/theajgalink/8-5-05/images/Truckster.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ajga.org/newsletter/theajgalink/8-5-05/thegallery.asp&h=264&w=450&sz=18&tbnid=oRbA6cymO8OXmM:&tbnh=75&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnational%2Blampoon%2Bvacation&hl=en&usg=__zy6ENCWM1yngI-vqEvDizvga1Fg=&ei=YVosS_7ELc6olAeFu4SnBw&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=7&ct=image&ved=0CCcQ9QEwBg
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now, the scheduler up at TANK in northern Kentucky is from bonny Scotland. You would know this if you entered his office at their Fort Wright facility, of course... He spent a number of years driving double-deckers up in Edinburgh (pronounced Edin-borough) before coming across the pond to help take care of an elderly family member about 30 years ago.

Anyway, one of the mechanics got busy with Photoshop and came up with a bus to delight him. Makes you want to head down to McDonalds and get some Haggis McNuggets, eh?

'Nuff said.

timecruncher
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on the Bus Talk Forum!
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know? I really had to take a double take on that DD Bus, but you know? It really kind of works! It really works. Smile This is becoming a kind of double vehicle kind of thread. Eh?

Merry Christmas and a happy and a healthy New year!
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I wouldn't categorize the below image as very funny, I would certainly say that it is an interesting update job.

Pictured is a GM PD 4104 operating for Transportes Del Norte of Brazil and sporting the front end of a PD 4106 (don't feel bad if you didn't notice it immediately because even an expert might miss it).

Basically, the major change only encompasses the sheet metal between the bumper and the windshield and includes the double headlamps and signal lights of the 4106.

Unchanged are the windshield itself and the smaller destination sign typical of the 4104.

One puzzlement; there seems to be no passenger side windshield wiper nor is there a filler plate where the transmission shaft would have exited the body.

The probability is that this bus suffered a bad front end accident at some point along the line and the 4106 clip was adapted.

You may also note that the livery is not unlike that of one era of Greyhound with the wide blue and narrow red ribbons rising diagonally behind the driver's window.

Many thanks to GMOldLook's man in Brazil, Antonio Motte, for his keen observation and photo.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: