BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tribute to Two Buffalo Firefighters- The Fireman's Prayer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Tribute to Two Buffalo Firefighters- The Fireman's Prayer Reply with quote

The following is in memory of Buffalo Fire Department Lieutenant Charles "Chip" McCarthy of Rescue 1 and Firefighter Jonathan Croom of Ladder 7 of the Buffalo(NY) Fire Department; THE FIREMAN'S PRAYER

When I am called to duty, God, wherever flames may rage,
Give me strength to save some life, whatever be its age.
Help me embrace a little child before it is too late, or save
an older person from the horror of that fate, Enable me to
be alert, and hear the weakest shout, and quickly and efficiently
to put the fire out. I want to give the best in me, To guard my
every neighbor, and protect his property, and if, according to my fate
I am to lose my life, please bless with your protecting hand, My
family,friends and wife.

This is dedicated to the memory of the two Buffalo firefighters who lost their lives on Monday, August 25,2009. It could have easily been guys from my department in Perry,NY. I just thought I would share it with you with the chance that some of you,too, may be involved in some way with the fire service.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Catfish 44

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very sorry and sympathetic to hear that happened, I didn't hear about it.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad was friends with a few fireman, so I grew up often visiting firehouses on Sunday afternoons. Those were innocent times, long before today's worries about liabilities and lawsuits, and most of the firemen didn't care if we climbed on the trucks while my dad was shooting the breeze with his friends. What I'll always remember is how they were just a bunch of regular guys. We'd go on occasion to watch them respond to a call and battle a fire - the matter-of-fact bravery and devotion to duty in those dangerous situations still amazes me to this day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: