BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bus involved in California Crash Was ex Greyhound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Bus involved in California Crash Was ex Greyhound Reply with quote

From the pictures on the news that I have seen of the California crash bus, it appears to have been of Greyhound origin, judging by the markings still visible on the sides of the bus. The Greyhound lettering was still clearly visible on the side of the overturned bus and evidently the bus's owner either did a poor job of painting over those markings or did not paint them over at all, evidently putting the bus into service" as is". Greyhound has had enough bad press as it is and the sight of Greyhound markings on a bus no longer belonging to them and involved in the California accident sure does not help matters any.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. J.,

When I posted that picture originally, the accompanying article claimed that the bus was 20 years old (which it definately was looking much like an old MCI 9 or something).

What puzzled me was that the Greyhound people indicated that they had sold it only two years before.

I'm not certain about this, but I can't imagine Greyhound keeping any bus for eighteen years!

But, there is no question that the marking were Greyhound.

Beats me!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
I'm not certain about this, but I can't imagine Greyhound keeping any bus for eighteen years!

It could have been in dead storage. I recall seeing several old MC-9s and early MC-12s behind the Greyhound terminal on Halsted Street in Chicago in the past couple of years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: