BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LI Bus 1647?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: LI Bus 1647? Reply with quote

About 1 p.m. today, I saw an N54 westbound in Seaford to Amityville. Its number was startling: 1647! The model seemed to be one of the Orion Vs about 3 years old, previously numbered in the high 300's or low 400's. It had the good orange-and-blue paint scheme (house of Orange-and-Nassau), and the numbers at a quick glance looked like new decals. Or is my eyesight inaccurate?
----
Regional numbering?
Joe
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the LIB Orion V's have been re-numbered. The order of Orion VII NG CNG's has also recently started to be delivered.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While in Nassau County yesterday, near Jerusalem Ave and Wantagh Avenue, I got to see the renumbering up close. I though it would have been a repaint job, or at least where the numbers are shown.....Nope, they are using white stickers with blue numbers. They seen to be about 2" x 4". They are very noticeable on the dirtier buses as the white from the sticker is bright white and not faded like the dirt on the body. Each bus should have been washed first before slapping the stickers on them.

Also one bus had the number over the front door, like usual, but another sticker on the side near the back as well as the top of the back toward the roof.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: