BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acadian Lines Acquired by Greyhound Canada(?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Acadian Lines Acquired by Greyhound Canada(?) Reply with quote

Over at the Subchat/BusChat site under BusChat, there is a photo of what appears to be an ex Acadian Lines Prevost with the Greyhound Canada maple leaf/dog logo slapped on the side of the bus. It appears to be that Greyhound Canada has acquired Acadian Lines, together with SMT, which makes that carrier a true transcontinental bus line that travels from one end of Canada to the other, especially if the ex Voyageur routes east of Toronto are taken into account and that the SMT/Acadian combination reaches into Montreal from the Maritimes, while Orleans Express picked up some ex SMT routes as well. How accurate this is bears checking into. As for Greyhound Canada's fleet make up, it is interesting to note that they still use a fair number of stickshift buses with 5,6, and 7 speed manual transmissions on those buses operating primarily in Western Canada while most of those with automatic transmissions are concentrated in the East.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Waynejay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those with the manual transmissions original Greyhound of Canada buses? I do recall that Greyhound of Canada continued to get their buses with manual transmissions at least into the MC-9 era (possibly longer).

I was a child, but I remember riding GLI buses (MC-5, MC-7) with manual trannys until the MC-8 came along and they started putting automatics in the MC-7s. This also brings back fond memories of those Continental Trailways Eagle 05.
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Greyhound Canada takeover of Acadian Reply with quote

wayne: As far as I know they are. Gray Coach Lines also got some MC7s with automatic trannies as well. No former Gray Coach buses ramain in service now.
Waynejay wrote:
Are those with the manual transmissions original Greyhound of Canada buses? I do recall that Greyhound of Canada continued to get their buses with manual transmissions at least into the MC-9 era (possibly longer).

I was a child, but I remember riding GLI buses (MC-5, MC-7) with manual trannys until the MC-8 came along and they started putting automatics in the MC-7s. This also brings back fond memories of those Continental Trailways Eagle 05.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: