BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MCI Commuter Coaches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: MCI Commuter Coaches Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I first saw the new design on subchat and it looks amazing. Heres a link that shows the new rear design as well as the features. The rear looks great, I hope NYC can get some of these.

http://www.mcicoach.com/NewCoaches/PublicCoaches/publicCommuter.htm#ONE
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TG..

Extremely doubtful the MTA would aquire these MCIs.Trust me, I"ve driven one of the 22 Shortline buses of this new style. Way, way too much bus for MTA (one hour) commuter applications.

I hope it doesn't sound like I"m holding a contest here, but it's just a very luxurious coach. Cool

Actually the new MCI cruisers the MTA are getting is actually too much bus as they are meant for very long hauls on wide open highway, not stop and go, using the kneelers 175 times a day. Evil or Very Mad

Jeez the Classics were perfect for that type of usage. Crying or Very sad
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shortlineMCI,

I think everybody said the same thing when the 4500's came upon the scene - "too much bus for just commuter runs".

They were probably right just as you may be now but they sure look good on Fifth Avenue in the rush hour!

I hope they go for the new ones!

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica & Arverne, NY
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
shortlineMCI,

I think everybody said the same thing when the 4500's came upon the scene - "too much bus for just commuter runs".

They were probably right just as you may be now but they sure look good on Fifth Avenue in the rush hour!

I hope they go for the new ones!

Mr. Linsky
"The Green Hornet"
Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica & Arverne, NY

Holy jeez, not only do they look good but I love that low growl that those big Caterpiller engines turn out! Cool And at 45 feet in length and 11 feet 6 inches high, they can be a little itimidating Shocked

Even the NYBS drivers agree it's too much bus, But I was talking with my brother the other day who had 8 years with NYBS and there since the MTA take-over suggests, you can't have a simple transit bus as they knock out your teeth fillings with every pothole LOL!! but you need something just a little nicer. He thinks it's what was available. Well, not what was, but what is.

P.S. I just visited the MCI website and THAT is their new D4500 public sector commuter bus. So may I go out on a limb here and say we might see them parading down 5th Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: