BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCC streetcars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: PCC streetcars Reply with quote

Anyone who is interested in the history of the late, great PCC streetcar will enjoy the info, history, and photos found here. Truly, the PCC was once "America's Streetcar". Very Happy http://world.nycsubway.org/us/pcc/
ProBus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the remarkable pictures of TTC RED ROCKETS as we called them here in Toronto, a trip down memory lane for sure! I operated most of the cars I saw, cold in the winter, hot in the summer and terrible brakes all year long ha ha ha !
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: PCC Cars Reply with quote

I rode those Red Rockets on some of my numerous visits to Toronto back in the mid 1970s and early 1980s. They epitomize everything a first rate streetcar should be. I even rode the King Street line from one end to the other and the same with the Queen Street Line. Some cars did not have standee windows, while most did. I hope there are still a few around up there. Toronto would not be quite the same with out them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Variarts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: 175 Toronto Birthday Reply with quote

Does anyone know if they will bring out the Toronto Transit Commission - PCC Streetcar for the 175 Birthday of Toronto?
timecruncher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TTC cars are all out at the Halton Radial Railway now, aren't they?

timecruncher
RailBus63

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Transit Toronto site, two PCC cars remain on the TTC roster for charters and other special service.

The best places to still ride and photograph PCC streetcars in service are on Boston's M-Mattapan-Ashmont line and San Francisco's F-Market Street line. There are also the heavily-rebuilt 'PCC-II' cars on SEPTA's route 15 in Philadelphia, but those should probably not be considered true PCC cars anymore.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Kenosha, which runs ex-TTC cars repainted in various other cities' liveries (including one still in TTC colors).
RailBus63

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops - I did forget about Kenosha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: