BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LI Bus 193

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: LI Bus 193 Reply with quote

Just saw the photo of LI Bus # 193 with just a solid blue stripe and not the two-toned orange/blue stripe. Is this the new paint scheme, if you wish for LI Bus, going into the total MTA livery?
RailBus63

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear so.
upperharlemline4ever

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other buses painted yet or is this the first and only one?
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It remains to be the only one. I hope the city intends to do more than slap a blue sticker on top of the orange and blue.
ELRR_3638

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw 193 twice in the past few days. I had to look twice to make sure i was seeing what I thought I saw.
It is in fact, solid blue. Except for the drivers side corner, which has a little bit of orange left on it.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll see the repaints start to happen in full force only after the new Orion VII's begin to arrive and the big wigs hold a press conference to introduce the new look.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
I think we'll see the repaints start to happen in full force only after the new Orion VII's begin to arrive and the big wigs hold a press conference to introduce the new look.

u really think their going to have a press conference to show everyone that LIB buses will look exactly like the buses that run in the city?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
RailBus63 wrote:

u really think their going to have a press conference to show everyone that LIB buses will look exactly like the buses that run in the city?

No, they will have a press conference to show off the new Orion VII's. I'm just guessing that they'll hold off on repainting buses until then.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RailBus63 wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
RailBus63 wrote:

No, they will have a press conference to show off the new Orion VII's. I'm just guessing that they'll hold off on repainting buses until then.

yeah but the new buses will already be in the new paint right? so why would thaey have a press conference to show off the new buses, and the paint that all LIB buses will soon be wearing?

seams kida stupid to me.

and i don't know what so new about that look, i mean its the same look for all the buses in the city; sure its new for LIB buses. but i wouldn't call it 'new' since LIB buses almost look like it already. if u get ride of the orange stripe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ELRR_3638

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rode 193 today on the way home from school. Route N66. It's not actually repainted. It's very visible from close up that they just removed the orange stripe for whatever reason. Parts of it are still on the front of the bus. Nothing was changed on the inside, either. Pretty dirty, and there's a pole or two missing. Also sounded like it was having engine trouble. Not sure what but it was veerrrry loud, made a loud scraping/rattling noise when it hit second gear, and the bus itself felt like it was struggling.

Also spotted another oddity this morning - I think it was#435. If not something close to that. Don't remember the route, possibly N35? It was missing the two orange marker lights in the center-rear of the bus. They were patched and painted over. More hints of MTA Bus takeover???
MarkW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also spotted another oddity this morning - I think it was#435. If not something close to that. Don't remember the route, possibly N35? It was missing the two orange marker lights in the center-rear of the bus. They were patched and painted over. More hints of MTA Bus takeover???

I believe that those lights are being removed from all LIB Orions.
ELRR_3638

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, yeah looks like you're right. I noticed today that half the LIB Orions I see are missing 'em.
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that most well some of LIB's Orions sound like total crap. Those buses realy need to be replaced or refurbished. Why would the MTA remove those lights on the middle rear of the bus? I'd just leave 'em. Will the MTA remove that beacon light that sits on top of the bus on the front end on the roof above the driver? And why on earth do LIB buses have those beacon lights on the roof? I never seen them in use.
MarkW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The beacon light indicates a CNG leak IIRC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: