BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV Commercial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
B53RICH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: TV Commercial Reply with quote

I has just seen a TV commercial for All Bran Cereal ten day challenge. This one takes place on a NYC bus; don't know if it was on an actual NYC MTA bus. As the bus is moving, the street view from the bus window a NYC Orion 07 HEV can be seen.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.R.,

I've seen the same commercial being played to death here in L.A. and I'm still up in the air as to whether it was done in downtown L.A. or New York or a combination thereof.

In the very beiginning of the clip there might be a NY RTS up in the very right hand corner but the later all white RTS (in the middle of the frame) is a different story (it has no blue band).

And you're right; the whole thing goes so fast and flips so rapidly that it's almost impossible to get a bead on it - maybe I should record it next time and then replay in slo-mo.

If it was shot out here, Scott of Regional Transit out in Riverside would probably have done the job.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
B53RICH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. L., I bet you're seeing the L.A. version over there on the west coast. On the N.Y. version, the bus has blue seats and the background bus is definitely a N.Y. Orion 7 HEV. Very quickly you can see the blue striped bus with the "Clean Air Hybrid Electric Bus” lettering. Even more quickly and faintly what looks to be the yellow Sleepy's front ad. I wonder how many other versions of this ad can be seen across the country.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. R.,

It's very possible that it is a different version because what you descibe doesn't sound familiar except that I think it does open with a couple peering out the window of a bus they are on to see these two long grocery displays on an island in the middle of traffic.

As I said earlier, the only thing that I caught quite well was the all white RTS heading left to right in the film.

I'll check it again to see what else I can come up with.

This is the ad where the the woman is told that the fiber is in the box to which she replies; "you mean I have to eat the box?" isn't it?

Thanks,

Mr. 'L'
B53RICH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is the ad where the the woman is told that the fiber is in the box to which she replies; "you mean I have to eat the box?" isn't it?

Wait, that's a different product. That one is for Yoplet Fiber One. Now that I think of what you described, I did see that one as well. In the street, the the cereal boxes on display remind me of the street news stands. Now I have to look out for those two ads again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Buses in Pop Culture All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: