BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7341/1631 EX NYB update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Bus Preservation, Conversion, & Sales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: 7341/1631 EX NYB update Reply with quote

She has been sitting idle for four months off and on for various problems mostly related to the cold weather that has thankfully broke.

Getting a deisel machanic out to fix it has proven to be extremely problematic for me, but her air tanks were pumped up with air and was finally hooked up to a wrecker this past friday and brought over to a shop. Both mechanics have narrowed it down to a fuel delivery problem and I do pray ( and please think of me) that, that will resolve this problem.

If it is, then look for some day trips that will be announced. Oh do I yearn for that haunting roar once again

Ken
nycbusfan

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, I'm looking foward to riding it.
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nycbusfan wrote:
Thanks for the update, I'm looking foward to riding it.

You are welcome and I do hope to accomodate. It's just that phone call from the shop I have to wait for that's burning me up.

Stay tuned...
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ken,
I was wondering if you have an update for us on that bus of yours.
Free-transfer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken,

Those buses and engines weren't designed for the new "ultra-low sulphur" diesel fuel being sold today. Not that there is anything wrong with ULSD, but it is highly corrosive to fuel lines, tanks and pretty much anything that has any type of residue inside.

Once the filters are replaced, the tank and lines need to be checked. After that, you shouldn't have any trouble using ULSD again. I'm not sure if this is the problem, but it's pretty common here in Florida.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shortlineMCI

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLE Rebel wrote:
Hey Ken,
I was wondering if you have an update for us on that bus of yours.

Well, the latest is that they had a battery charger hooked up as they needed the engine to crank so they can run some diagnostics.

Free...I'm in pretty deep now, the tow was very very expensive as you can only imagine and of course it didn't run after that expense, I did tell the mechanic today not to go too deep into it and to call me with updates.

I"m trying in good faith to keep it alive. I fear I might have a white elephant on my hands. ( I think the older guys might catch that one)

Thanks for asking guys
LLE Rebel

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that bus of yours doing?
busdude

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex Pierce Transit Orion 1. #427 dident fare the winter too well. She needs new batts, and new fuel filters and fuel/water seperator filter as well. Those filters are 2 years old, and i am running on ULSD but havent really had any problems per say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Bus Preservation, Conversion, & Sales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: