BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Spammer" concern....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Feedback & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject: "Spammer" concern.... Reply with quote

Fellows:

I have recently noticed that the individuals joining BusTalk, as of late, not only never post, but, more importantly, are obviously "spammers" of some sort (this is obvious by clicking on their profile links)

As an example, on the "General Transportation" board, there is a recent topic that obviously has no place anywhere on BusTalk; it is not only "obscure", to say the least; but it also has nothing to do with transportation whatsoever (something about 'opposite Hong Kong phone numbers', or some such nonsense)

It has been quite awhile that we've had a NEW member that actually POSTS and becomes an active (and valued) member with (IMHO) the best bus forum on the 'net.

Just wanted to bring this matter up for your attention; thanks for reading...

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed those too, and try to notify the moderator whenever I come across one. These spammers probably use some sort of robo software to place such spam in every website that doesn't block them...
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver wrote:
I noticed those too, and try to notify the moderator whenever I come across one. These spammers probably use some sort of robo software to place such spam in every website that doesn't block them...

traildriver:

I was thinking along the same lines, myself, considering the "options" available to spammers.

I've heard too many horror stories about "spammers" from a good buddy of mine who moderates a large number of vintage vehicle (non-bus) Facebook sites.

To say he often goes through much unwanted grief and aggravation is indeed an understatement.....

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....it seems the "spammer" issue is still ongoing here...... Sad

"NYO"
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver wrote:

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
....it seems the "spammer" issue is still ongoing here...... Sad

"NYO"

If it was that important to try and notify a moderator, my email address is available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Feedback & Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: