BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYCTA's Eagle Bus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: NYCTA's Eagle Bus Reply with quote

This photo was probably taken at the time when the transit authority was planning to add larger over the road buses to the fleet and were beginning to sample demos from the various builders at the time.

This demo was provided by Eagle in the form of the two axle Model 10S. Only 84 examples were built between 1983 and 1987. With that said and if you include the blue on yellow license plate, this photo probably dates between these years.

This is demo #8999 taking fares along the X13 route. How long the demo ran for is not known, but based on what we've seen from the past, Eagles were never used.

Credit as indicated on the photo.

http://ttmg.org/photos/contributors/dgrotjahn/NYCB_Eagle_8998.jpg

Frankie
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankie:

There is a really nice color photo (page 120) showing an EAGLE Model 10 ("BOYD's, #137), passing (a bar/club restaurant?) "EDDIE CONDON's" (I'm guessing somewhere in Manhattan) in David Jacobs' "AMERICAN BUSES" (1985), and signed "AMBOY ROAD."

The caption states the EAGLE was "running a local route only".

I well remember the EAGLES (either Model 15's or 20's) that NJT purchased and used on certain runs out of the PABT, a long while back; I know NJT did not keep them all that long (I never got a chance to ride one, but I do remember them clearly)..............

"NYO"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: