BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bustullfalo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDriver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Bustullfalo Reply with quote

I got another question as a GM Buffalo bus fan.
Some time ago I found some pictures of a family project. Folks from Idaho who planned on living in a Buffalo bus. They sanded, painted and fixed the body and floor, took out the seats and insulated the walls, and fixed the one bad luggage bay door.
I was interested in the bus and the changes but evidently it was costing more than they anticipated. They gave us no details except that it had broke down more than they could afford.
I asked about the one luggage bay door that seemed to be peeling away from the inside frame or what was keeping it on the hinges.
I'm sure you all know that this bus has the modern type doors that goes up without taking up too much space because of it's design.
I have been told that all of the old buses used a rubber hinge.
The Buffalo does not. It could not as it would have 4 arms that pushed the door up and away from the bus body as it opened.
As I corresponded with the family I was told that the rubber hinge is what is causing the one door to lean outward. I ignored this hoping that they would get another look at the door.
I asked about it and yes they fixed the door with a new piece of rubber.
I sensed that something is wrong but I thought I'd follow their story as they also have a facebook page. It wasn't long when they announced that they are selling the bus. I haven't followed them any more and they haven't posted anything else on facebook.
Does anyone know anything about this story?
TheDriver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after

primer 65.jpg
 Description:
before
 Filesize:  193.82 KB
 Viewed:  7013 Time(s)

primer 65.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: