BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW S92 Destination readings!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: NEW S92 Destination readings! Reply with quote

I thought I was seeing things BUT after what I saw today...looks like Suffolk Transit's S92 are using some NEW signage...mainly on the Orion VIIs. For example,

S92 ORIENT POINT

S92 EAST HAMPTON

Now the signs read...

S92 Orient Point
Ferry Dock

S92 East Hampton
Railroad

Also...

S92 GREENPORT

Now reads...

S92 Greenport (lower case)

Are any other routes have NEW or updated signage?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it has something to do with the GPS system. I've heard that the announcement system inside the bus has been changed because of the addition of GPS.

Also heard that the new system has a new voice, which is said to be male, and instead of saying "Approaching" the system says "Next Stop".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Maybe it has something to do with the GPS system. I've heard that the announcement system inside the bus has been changed because of the addition of GPS.

Also heard that the new system has a new voice, which is said to be male, and instead of saying "Approaching" the system says "Next Stop".

Now the Gilligs have been programmed. Seen several Gilligs on the S92 and 10A (whenever they are on the 10A) with the new signage.

I wonder...didn't someone say that Suffolk Transit was going to do something similiar to MTA Bus Time? How's that going?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:

Now the Gilligs have been programmed. Seen several Gilligs on the S92 and 10A (whenever they are on the 10A) with the new signage.

I wonder...didn't someone say that Suffolk Transit was going to do something similiar to MTA Bus Time? How's that going?

I've been wondering what's going on with that as well. I haven't heard anything about it since it was first talked about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mac!

What are some of the NEW signage on the routes up by you? List the old and then the new IF you don't mind. I'm curious about that.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
Hey Mac!

What are some of the NEW signage on the routes up by you? List the old and then the new IF you don't mind. I'm curious about that.

I haven't really seen any buses when I've been out lately or if I have I haven't been close enough to read the sign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: