BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip to Midwest Bus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RTS_04

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Trip to Midwest Bus Reply with quote

It's been a long summer (with more work than play), but Tuesday marked the last day of freedom before classes began again. I figured I'd go busfanning in perhaps my favorite location - up in Owosso's Midwest Bus Rebuilders.

FYI - I compressed the heck outta these to upload them on our dial-up ISP, but if you want larger files just email/PM and ask.

Flint (MI) MTA's MCI D4500CT(?). Caught this on NB I-75 outside Clarkston; you'd not believe the black smoke when the driver pumped the pedal. These (sadly) are replacing RTS' on commuter runs.

The lot changes quite frequently, but thankfully there was one RTS front and center. T70-606 wears livery for Fairfax (VA) Connector, but is actually an ex-Muncie (IN) bus.

Midwest does a lot with Fairfax, as evidenced by the host of T80-206s lying around in their colors. As with the T70-606, these aren't native to Virginia; rather, they're ex-LACMTA coaches.

Two more coaches lying around, this view demonstrates their LA heritage.

I was quite fond of two TMC T70-606s from Red Rose Transit in Lancaster (PA). 990 was the 40th-to-last 35' x 96" RTS built by TMC in April of 1994.

1033 is one of two ex-Golden Gate Transit (San Francisco, CA) GMC RTS T80-204 suburbans in Midwest's lot; the other is 1031. Both are in parted-out shape (ironically, I have a delivery photo of 1032...).
The coach behind that is the third GMC in Midwest's possession, an ex-Muncie T80-604.

Ex-Denver RTD MCI 102A3. Stupidly, I didn't get a fleet number and I wasn't able to find a build plaque inside.

I'm surprised, yet thankful, that neither one of the ex-Muncie TMC T70-608 buses on hand (MWB has two of four built with the first-gen front fascia) have yet been scrapped. I really want to save one, as there's not much demand for keeping an 08 around anymore...

One of Flint's low floors, a '98 New Flyer D40LF, has suffered some fire damage.

There were many of these 30' Gillig Phantoms lying around; does anyone know to whom they belonged?

-Evan
rideonrulez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, thanks for the cool pics. At least I know where the leased Fairfax Connector RTS's went. I figured they would be the first to go when there New Flyer D40LFR's came in.

Last edited by rideonrulez on Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonesy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you see anything from PAT up there (Flxibles, Ikarus?)
Jonesy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah never mind I thought this was like a scrap yard lol I feel stupid
busfreak99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 foot gillig phantoms are from Grand Rapids Michigan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RTS_04

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonesy wrote:
you see anything from PAT up there (Flxibles, Ikarus?)

Not at this time. MWB is a rebuilder, but their lot often times doubles as a final resting place for many buses.

Earlier this year there were some Orion Is wearing PAT (I think) colors, but not any more. Some were subsequently re-leased to The Henry Ford, which is the 1 you see pictured. I don't know where those originated from.
Jonesy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah shoot nah we never had Orion 1's we had them as loaners at one time but they weren't painted oh well Our Flxibles gotta be around this county somewhere.
Pipe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTS_04. Great photos. "Pipe"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: