BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'AN HISTORIC DOCUMENT'
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this must be FACCO 2013!

It's probably the same bus that I saw languishing in the weeds by what I think was the side of a railroad bed along Route 110 in Farmingdale maybe 20 or 25 years ago.

Notice that the body is all aluminum and could be restored although I would have to say that the brass window frames might be a problem.

Maybe the MTA should buy it as a back-up with the thought of eventual restoration.

This is really a great find!

Thanks to HartBus for the lead.

Regards,

Mr. 'L'

yc720_06

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: FACC 2013 Reply with quote

It's good to know that 2013 is still in existence even if many of its fittings have gone awol. Some not so good news though, which some members will already know, is that 2124 and the rest of the MTA historic fleet have been mothballed and the workforce at Flatbush Avenue reassigned. All apparently because of budgetary cutbacks. There doesn't seem to be any area of life in the US or the rest of the world for that matter that isn't having to pay for those sub-prime thieves' crimes. Maybe in the greater scheme of things the historic fleet doesn't amount to 'a hill of beans' but it's still a crying shame, especially as 2124 was being given a ground up total rebuild. I visited Flatbush Ave last June when its engine had been rebuilt but not yet installed. Plus all the interior - seats, windows etc were removed and the floor was being stripped prior to renewal. The underside superstructure had been cleaned and painted and hydraulics renewed. I don't know for certain how near completion the rebuild was when MTA pulled the plug but last August it was due to go to paint so it couldn't have been far off. I've uploaded four photos from that visit but as they were my first uploads I'm not sure where they'll appear on BusTalk. I've listed them as FAC 2124.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: