BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REGIONAL TRANSIT SERVICE OPEN HOUSE LIVE WEBCAST TODAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hobbyist Trips, Events, Outings, & Meetings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOVIEBUSES

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: REGIONAL TRANSIT SERVICE OPEN HOUSE LIVE WEBCAST TODAY Reply with quote

Today is the second annual Open House at Regional Transit Service in Riverside California. Regional Transit is the leading supplier of city buses to the motion picture industry in California with over 40 fully operational buses from the 1940's to present day Low Floors.

The reason I am posting here is that probably for the first time ever there will be a live webcast from 2 cameras of the buses coming and going from the main gate and appraoching from the long hilly road to get to the yard. The webcast can be viewed thru a link on the Nor Cal Bus Fans website or from the business website for RTS www.rts-regionaltransitservice.com

Starting at 3:00 PM Ca time the buses will start rolling out including Old Looks, Fishbowls of almost each model, RTS's from 1977 to 1992, Flxible Metros, Grummans and even the GM artic. Greyhound MC-7 and even a PD 4103 will be coming out to play.

The buses will be on a designated cruise route that is about 2 miles long and will be driven by who ever has a regular transit driving job and is qualified to drive. Last year at one point we had over 20 buses out.

As this is a first, there may be some problems with the live webcast so please be patient. Who knows, it may not work at all but they guys are setting it all up and tested it and it seems to work fine.

Check out the business website for a roster of what you may be able to see. For you New Yorkers, NYMTA 8567 will be out also. There is also thousands of pictures of all the buses on movie shoots, fan trips, excursions etc.

This email is just meant to inform my fellow bus fans of something exciting. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me and I will see what can be done on this side of the USA.

ENJOY! and dont forget to check out the Nor Cal Bus Fans website on Google. You will find thousands of pictures of top quality and a great discussion froup. This is probably the best fan site there is.

www.rts-regionaltransitservice.com
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! Wish I could have been there to see (and *ahem* possibly drive) one of those vintage buses. I'd love to slip behind the wheel of an old-look GM coach once again...

timecruncher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Hobbyist Trips, Events, Outings, & Meetings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: